Creating a Range break out strategy

There are multiple ways to create a break out strategies. Break out strategies can be either candle breakout or an indicator based break out strategy.

CANDLE BASED
1. Opening Range Break Out:
Below is the screenshot for both long and short 15mins opening range break out.

Conditions can be read as
Entry Long: High of today’s 9:15 AM candle crosses below (lower than) the close of the current 5 min candle.
Exit Long: Tager of 2% and Stop Loss of 1%

Entry Short: Low of today’s 9:15AM candle crosses above (higher than) the close of the current 5 min candle.
Exit Long: Tager of 2% and Stop Loss of 1%

2. Previous day range break out:

The only difference from 15 mins opening candle break out is to select candle period as 1day, remove time change the offset to 1 (meaning previous day). The indicator would look like as below:
Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 6.12.27 PM

Conditions can be read as
Entry Long: High of Previous Day (Yesterday) crosses below (lower than) the close of the current 5 min candle.

Entry Short: Low of Previous Day (Yesterday) crosses above (higher than) the close of the current 5 min candle.

I am using crosses below and crosses above conditions instead of lower than and higher than. This is to avoid retaking position when the target is met, as using higher than and lower than would always meet the conditions especially when the price is favourable.

Using our new Candle Day/Time function one can build a breakout of any candle of any given previous day.

Hello can i create strategy with Alligator. I want to buy above price of 15 min candle high when 15 min candle crossed and clossed above alligators Jaw.

@skillliyot we are updating Alligator in our indicators list. Would update you once it is available.

@skillliyot Alligator has been updated. Check below screen shot for your conditions.

As per the above conditions it checks for previous close crossing above previous Jaw and current close crossing above previous high. You would have to create similar condition for next few candles as well in case if you want to take the positions for crossing over happening in subsequent 2nd, 3rd… candles.